Saturday, November 15, 2008

Is Network Marketing sales? Part I

When I was introduced to Network Marketing my biggest objection for was that I didn't want to be involved in sales. I was confident that I didn’t have sales skills and couldn't even sell a piece of candy to a starving kid. So, when I was introduced to the concept of sharing, everything started to make more sense.

I got involved in MLM because the idea of building a residual income was too attractive: income that you keep on receiving even when you are not working? Sign me up. I could work hard for few years. In any case, sharing could not be that bad.

At the beginning I didn't understand very well what people I had to call. I thought that "the list" was going to be given to me or that I could find it online just like that. Turns out I had to make the list. No big deal, I knew at least five people who couldn't say no. But they did.

So sharing wasn't enough after all, huh? Still, I got offended if someone would ask me about the products I sold. I didn't sell! I shared! That was until I came to the stunning realization that when someone gets a product from me and I get the money, that is selling. I was in sales after all. Network Marketing is sales after all...

We are successful Network Marketing Moms.

Angelica

No comments: