Monday, November 17, 2008

Is Network Marketing sales? Part II

There where many things that attracted me to Network Marketing (residual income, social interaction, helping people, high quality products, self improvement, etc) but selling wasn’t one of them. When I realized that I was in sales I didn’t like it.

Thankfully my upline introduced me to the teachings of Tim Sales. He does a marvelous job explaining why selling is communicating. Turns out that, by being a wife and a mom (and all my other roles in life), I was selling day in and day out. Now that was a shock. But it allowed me to see that I did have sales skills and that I could improve them by learning how to be an effective communicator.

A good salesperson only sells to those who will buy. I recently read in Entrepreneur Magazine that the sales give you the money and the marketing is the fun part. Marketing allows you to present your message to as many people as possible. What people? Only those who want what you have.

Although Network Marketing is not door to door sales (unless you choose that method), we do have a product and we do get commissions every time someone buys them. One advantage we have as distributors is that we are familiar with the products and its benefits, as well as many aspects of the business. By learning and communicating (or sharing) valuable information you become a consultant; which sounds even more professional than saleswoman.

We are successful Network Marketing Moms.

Angelica

No comments: